- I make things.
Procrastination and curiosity are and have always been two key driving forces in my life. At the risk of sounding both naive and simplistic, I firmly believe that the Internet proposes one of the most efficient means to deal with present and future challenges faced by the human society as long as we encourage, guarantee and develop a technology that remains open, transparent and neutral.more
Hacking · Quid
What is a hacker? Nowadays, for most people, a hacker is a programmer. This definition is not entirely accurate. A hacker is before everything an individual who seeks to solve problems, sometimes complex, by finding the simplest possible way. Hacking is about being innovative and creative whenever a problem has to be solved. Computer languages are therefore tools and not the very function of the hacker.
Note that hackers often have a pejorative image, mainly due to media that tend to mix up crackers and hackers. Hacking is a culture, or even a community, whose common values are "open source", "net neutrality", democracy and a fairly libertarian view of society, while crackers are often wannabe hackers who use existing applications to break into systems. To quote Eric S. Raymond, hackers build things while crackers break them.
Interests & Life Goals
The Internet of Things represents IMO the most natural and promising way of blurring further the borders between online and offline interactions. I'm really keen in developing tools and platforms that will rest on those technologies in order to simplify our lives. Besides, I'm also planning to go to Mars one day and to participate in the development of the first mass-produced humanoid robot ;-)
In constant evolution.
Resources I like
- What is a Hacker? by Brian Harvey.
- How to Become a Hacker by Eric Steven Raymond.
- Great Hackers by Paul Graham.
- If Philosophers Were Programmers by Panefsky.
- Untangling the Web [pdf] by the National Security Agency - NSA/CSS (unclassified).
Selected Web Resources
- Hacker news, a social news website whose main focus is hacking & startups.
- MIT Technology Review, technology news and analysis.
- TechCrunch, technology news and analysis.
- Hack a Day, hardware hacking.
- Lifehacker, life hacking.
- Electronic Frontier Foundation, defending your rights in the digital world.
- Robohub, Robotics news and analysis.
- this isn't happiness™, Art, Photography, Design & Disappointment.
- BrainPickings.org, "a human-powered discovery engine for interestingness".
Latest Personal Projects
- Social Media Examiner).
Portfolio website featuring non-personal projects available on Behance.